Asbestos Contaminated Inventories
Asbestos was used in many homes built before the 1980s. Today, homeowners may still face asbestos exposure from flooring, ceiling tiles, insulation and piping in many older homes. A house fire will disturb these materials and can cause microscopic asbestos fibers to become airborne. Any exposure to these home construction materials may cause asbestos-related diseases like mesothelioma and lung cancer and asbestosis.
Kirby & Associates inventory specialists have been trained in asbestos safety procedures and have the required PPE equipment to work in this type of environment.
If your home is still standing and you have suffered heavy to moderate smoke damage or asbestos contamination, Kirby & Associates can:
- Prepare a room-by-room physical inventory
- List brands, labels and model numbers
- Take measurements on larger pieces of furniture
- Help identify antiques and collectibles
- Photographic documentation
- Assist with current replacement cost pricing, if needed
- Inventories are listed on easy-to-use Excel-based spreadsheet
Kirby & Associates can work with the insured on accurately pricing their total loss items at current replacement cost value by researching brand, labels, model numbers and any other pertinent information documented while on site. Kirby & Associates can also supply supporting documentation for higher dollar items in the form of hyperlinks on your inventory so your adjuster can easily verify these specific items.